Us moms are running a million miles per hour. We are not only making sure our children don't die everyday, but also keeping our house in order, taking care of your husbands, or doing a friend a favor. We rarely think about ourselves and seldom put mommy-me time first. It is so important to take time for yourself and practice good self-care. In order to be the best mom, wife, and friend you can be, you need to make time for yourself to unwind. Take time for yourself whether that be 10 minutes a day or having a whole weekend, you deserve it. I put together 8 ideas for how to spend your mommy-me time.
- Read a book that makes you feel good. Take 30 minutes a day to read a good book and curl up in comfy spot. I always feel empowered and great after reading You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero or Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.
- Listen to a podcast. One of my favorite things is listening to a few of my favorite podcasts. I like to listen to ones that spark my interest or make me laugh. There are so many different genres of podcasts out there, I promise you that there is one out there for you. Some of my favorites include My Favorite Murder and Awesome With Alison.
- Get some exercise. Take a short walk or go to the gym, but get out of the house. Exercising helps to release stress and releases endorphins. Even if you can't get out of the house, I will sometimes do at home workouts. Just Youtube some at home workouts and get to sweating.
- Pamper yourself. One of my favorite ways to pamper myself is getting a pedicure. It helps me get out of the house for an hour or so and get a good foot massage. Go get a massage or facial every once in awhile, treat yourself.
- Get into your hobby. If you enjoy crafting, photography, or cooking find the time to do it each week. Read books about it or watch youtube videos on them. Learning something new or being good at something is a definite confident booster. I always feel very much in my element when I am writing and take time to do it a a few times a week. It helps me clear my head and step away from my crazy life for a bit.
- Binge a TV Show. When my daughter goes to bed for the night I get caught up on my TV shows. Pick a show that you have always wanted to watch but haven't yet. I will especially do this when it is football season because while my husband is watching football all day, I will be catch up on my shows I haven't seen yet.
- Meditate. Download a meditation app or search a meditation youtube. Doing even a 5-minute meditation can relax you and make your day better. It helps to set yourself up for a better positive mindset.
- Hang with your friends. My friendships are important to me and spending time with my people always centers me. Have a movie night or a girls night out.
Find the time to do what you love and then it won't make your day feel so crazy, we can't forget about taking care of ourselves. Self-care allows you to be a happy and healthier you, a mom and wife. It takes planning and scheduling. So block off time in your day or week for your mommy-me time and stick to it!
Kelsey Glynn is a blogger and owner of Social Graces, a business to support others in their social media needs. She is a contributing blog writer for East Valley Moms Blog, a social media content creator, and an avid photo taker. You can catch her adventuring around AZ and living the mom life on Instagram.